What have I been up too? Packing, repacking, buying supplies, and camp decorations. The funnest part has been weighing suitcases. I get on the scale (fun!) then I grab the suitcase, Zach tells me my weight WITH the 50 pound suitcase.....over and over and over. Any volunteers?
We had our last team meeting, and Lance and I cannot believe it has been 7 months since the idea hatched. We will be flying out next week, and for the first 5 days, we will get ready for the team, visit the camp site, and hang out with Sami and Tsion's family. The team will fly in on Christmas day. For 3 days the team will divide in half. Half of our team will go to Project Mercy, and the other half will help with the Young Life camp. We will then visit Youth Corp in Addis, CYM, and have a day of sightseeing.
Peter has also told us of an orphanage in the countryside with 120 kids, with no kitchen or stove. So that is another place that we will visit, bring a stove, and other supplies. We are looking forward to helping wherever we can!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i am SO excited to hear about your trip!!! are you going to be able to post from ethiopia? what a GREAT way to spend christmas!
I can't believe that you are already leaving in just a couple days! We have you in our prayers and can't wait to catch up with you- over coffee with Cathy, of course!
Post a Comment