Sunday, September 14, 2008

You would think.....

I would have LOTS of time to blog with one child at home!! NOT. I am exhausted!! I will have to bullet point, I know at least my family wants some specifics of our week.

*First off, having Zach in school is interesting. From home-school to middle school (when home schoolers pull their kids out, I put mine in!) For Zach's first day of school, I heard about a couple of his friends trying on outfits for their first day. Zach could care less. When I went to tuck him in, there was a pile on the floor in the corner (which looked like laundry.) "THAT is what I am wearing, over there." Yes, the pile in the corner. I am so glad that he does not care! It reminds me of a day last month when we were in Goodwill. "Mom, I need a coat." Gotta love it, when your son reminds you that in Goodwill! :)

Last week I was sitting in the midst of Zach and some friends a couple weeks back. A couple of them started talking about "nerds." I was so glad that Zach has a bunch of different friends. I mean nerds, in 6th grade?

On that note, I will always remember which friend said that. ;)

We started with a full day of school, which was not ideal. We dropped P.E., (like our kids need anymore P.E.!) so then, we had an 1 1/2 break, where we connect and do homework. But by the end of last week, the break was 45 minutes, because he wanted to go back for lunch.

*Would you like to move to Wisteria Lane?? Move here. This is where we had our soccer game (2 hour commute) last weekend. While I was tempted for a minute (a Starbucks I can walk to?) I was very glad to get back to our small town, and house in the woods!

*We had our first Ethiopia planning meeting this week. Tonight, my eldest bio (Zach) said "I cannot wait to go back." Africa is truly in his blood. Josh on the other hand, wants to go back for the french fries that our cook Alemwork made us. ;)

*This week Sami tested almost a 3 (4 tests out of the program) on his ELL test. I will never let him live down what she said. "You were home schooled last year? Your mom must be a good teacher." I got a good laugh. Good job home school Moms everywhere! :)

*Thought I would never say this, I love air soft guns. It keeps my boys occupied FOREVER!

*We got a new hand me down couch today. My other one had tears everywhere, which we covered with a pain in the butt slip cover. I wish I could post before and after pics, but I am too embarrassed. ;) Anyways, we got a call, and took out the seats of the suburban and were there in 15 minutes!

That is it in a nutshell! We love school, and Josh is doing great getting his school done at home, We have soccer, football games, and soon to be Jazz class for Tsion, and a referree job for Zach. Phew, and I ONLY have 4 kids! :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

We were *this* close at planting Alive over in "Wisteria Lane." I loved it there and couldn't imagine anything better. That was, until I set foot in Poulsbo. I am so glad it didn't work over there.