Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Boys

I know this month has lacked in pictures! But I do have 3 funny stories to write, one from each boy.

Zach:

So, I (me) am getting a tad stressed on Ethiopia details....i.e. where 30 people are going to sleep for 2 weeks while we are there. Communication is fairly nil when you are dealing with details there. Zach, who at 11 can be so wise says "Mom, you will never know anything until you get there, it is Ethiopia!"

Sami:

This must come from growing up in Addis. You are either Orthodox, Christian, or Muslim. I am not sure if you are defined by that? But Sami is insistent on asking all his new friends if they are a Christian. So, he asked a friend the other day at school....."Are you a Christian?" His friend replied "No, I am a *" (Sami could only remember the first letter, and I do not want to offend anyone) :)) Sami then tells me he is a * and does not go to church and gets to watch football on Sundays!

Josh:

Mr. I hate showers. "Mom, I will take a shower today, but then I am going to sit down with my arms folded for the next two weeks, and not move so I do not get stinky again."

Gotta love your kids.

No comments: