Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Life of a YL Staff Wife

Strange things happen when your husband is on Young Life staff. You learn to ignore them, ad move on. :) The other morning we were talking about our plans for the day. Lance said, "Well, I will be gone all day. Three pizza lunches at school, then Goodwill and Value Village, then I THINK we need a hamster for club tonight." Course being the supportive wife I am, I didn't reply, thinking he really didn't mean that.

So then I hear from his student staff, we are getting a hamster, but looking for a home. HMMM......

Next thing you know, I am opening the trunk looking at what seems to be a Kentucky Fried Chicken box, with a teddy bear hamster inside. The kids had already had a lesson on holding the hamster, not picking up when he is asleep to avoid being bitten, and washing their hands. Lance signed a piece of paper (not in my presence) that said he would be a good hamster parent.

I don't think he told the gal at PetCo that the hamster was jumping thru a ring of fire that evening.

P.S. it was a replica from Joannes Fabric :) Pictures of "Checker" to come.........

1 comment:

shell said...

oh i love this post. it makes me miss leading yl! i was just back where i went to college the other weekend, hanging out with the area director there. such a good good time in my life and this post made me smile this morning. thanks.