The other day Sami came and sat on my lap, I could tell something was on his mind.
Sami: "Mom, did you know that in Ethiopia when you get old like Jessica (16, our friend) your Mom and Dad make you leave the house, get your own house, and get married?"
Me: "Do you think we are going to do that when you are 16?"
Sami: Shrugs his shoulders.
I went on to explain that is not how it is in America, and he can live at home and go to college, live at college, or whatever he wants to do. Then I said...."someday you might not want to live with me and Dad."
Sami: "Nope, I am going to build a house over there in the woods and live right next to you."
I am going to have a lot of boys living in my back yard...... :) I am sure Tsion will be another story!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment