Friday, February 15, 2008

T.V.-less

This year, we decided to celebrate Lent. This was after my girlfriend told me they were, so then we decided (read: felt guilty) :) to also eliminate T.V. for Lent. That is BIG for us. The kids watch some, mostly Discovery Kids, or Animal Planet, Zach (oldest) holds the remote for FF and pause options. I was surprised that I was not met with much resistance, and the 3 boys have not asked or complained ONCE. Plus, I have yet to hear the words "i am bored" which I heard many times a day. I think their brains were fried! They have played games, spent WAY more time outside, and (gasp!) made crafts. Some afternoons I am dying to turn on something, for some background sounds, something to distract me from the lovely sounds my 4 kids are making.

I will confess that Lance and I are straying a bit, once every Thursday night, to watch LOST. :)

No comments: