Monday, September 29, 2008

Dr. Visit

We had our 2nd official yearly checkup last week. In case you were wondering after 20 months home, this is what we are dealing with:


*Still a scalp issue for Tsion, which I just found out is not a fungus, but bacterial. I am not sure how putting an ointment on the pussy/pimple bumps on her head is going to help....been there, done that.


*Sami has complained of stomach problems for awhile, and tested positive for H. pylori ....more
anti-biotics (although after giving him grapefruit seed extract, it has not bothered him since!)


*Tsion "failed"her vision test at a guesstimated 20/40 vision...off to the eye doctor again. Fail is an interesting word, since Sami eyes are 20/2200. 20/40 is not bad! Last year she wanted glasses....right now it is a tough sell.


*Phenomenal growth all around. Dr. Bledsoe said "this is why I do this job, to see these kids blossom!"

And, I forgot to pass on a skin tip I go this summer from a Pediatric skin Dr. at camp, (woohoo, free visit!) it is VASELINE. It has worked wonders. I have bought everything under the sun the last year (Carol's Daughter, stuff from the health food store....) Tsion had blotches on her cheeks from the sun and chlorine, and it cleared it right up. Plus, it is right in our budget!

2 comments:

shell said...

so do you just lather the vaseline on? does it get all over the place? i may need to try that on Joe's face. and i think ben may still have head fungus, after almost 2.5 years. we go to the dr next week! that stuff is indestructible!!!

Karleen said...

Just rub a thin layer on. After I heard this, I say a AA anchor women saying she uses it on her face, before her lotion. I am using it on Josh as well for his exzema.

Not sure about the scalp thing, I may go to a skin Dr???? She swabbed it, but can't you take an oral med for a bacteria??? It starts under the scalp, so not sure what the cream will do.