As I was finishing part one last night, Mouse #2 ran under my bed. At 10:30, without Lance, it suddenly was not so funny. ;) I will admit, my next step was jumping on the bed to get him OUT! Then, I called on the Head Leader radio, “Will someone tell Lance there is a mouse under my bed.” Lance was in the midst of a crazy night game at the gym, so I knew he would not hear me……and no one else did either!
I left 3 kids sleeping and went to find HELP. In the meantime, Zach had come back, and started the “manly” job of looking for the mouse with a flashlight. I found the camp MGR, who called and ordered 2 more traps. He set them up, and went on his way.
With the traps set, I was not letting Zach go to bed! We watched “The Color of Freedom” (which by the way was a great movie). Ten minutes later, the trap snapped and flopped, and we were too grossed out to find where it landed (there went the manliness!)
Lance came home, we went to sleep with 3 traps set, and no more sightings. Hoefully, this is The End!
**I did figure out WHY I got the mice. I had been joking about another YL property, and their mice problem. God does have a sense of humor. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So gross! And so glad you caught them!! I can't imagine falling asleep knowing they might pounce. :) Good job Zach - way to take care of your Mom. :)
Ilka
Post a Comment