Friday, June 20, 2008

WHC Week 1

Lance decided to swing with some campers, for probably the last time as he got pretty sick. :) I took this pix cuz I thought his shirt looked cool!
Here we are hiking Communication Hill. They do not do this as a camp anymore, and I actually woke up the morning of day 3 ready to go! So I took the kids. We had a great time!




Week One is over. This was an "Urban Week" and it was great to see a mix of kids. There was a group of deaf kids from all different backgrounds, and it was so great to see them as ONE. Black, Hispanic, White, and different economic backgrounds brought together with one language. Within another group there was a boy in a wheel chair, and they did everything together. They carried him thru the ropes course, and in the pool, and danced together. They all had such fun, and it was wonderful to see the compassion and love in those kids hearts! In the pool I would watch as he would tell them "Stop holding me around my stomach, I am going to puke!" and "Stop carrying me like a baby." 220 kids went on the New Christian walk this week! :)



Here is Josh on the big zip line. I am sure that he set a camp record, as he went on it 10 times today!

No comments: