Friday, May 30, 2008

Leaving in 13 Days

Notice to the mail thief's, who stole our mail and Christmas cards last December when we were in Addis....It is ON HOLD during this assignment! We are heading down to Wildhorse Canyon for 3 weeks. Lance will be working, we will be playing in the Olympic size pool, scaling the climbing wall, and eating ice-cream. I will be doing my laundry, but I will not have to cook the entire time! Gotta love it! Usually I have packed bins and bins of activities, snacks etc by now, and I have done NOTHING. The closest Safeway is an hour away, and the Bend is two hours. Plus, since life isn't crazy enough, I decided to drive down to the Prefontaine Classic next weekend (5 hour drive) to take Sami and Tsion to see Meseret Defar and Kenenisa Bekele try and break the World Record. A group of Ethiopian kids are going to be able to meet them the day before the race. Should be fun, and well worth the drive! Anyway, you can pray for my sanity the next couple weeks, as we finish school, baseball and begin our crazy summer at camp!

3 comments:

Andersons said...

Congrats to Zach and Sami!!! Way to go boys! Wish I could see you guys play. Have a great time at Wildhorse. Karleen, I love that you don't have to cook. Can you sign me up? Hope you have fun.
Love, Ilka

shell said...

Yeah for YL camp!!!!!! I am so jealous-I have always dreamed about spending a month at camp with the family-I keep trying to convince Keith he could be a camp speaker. :) I loved doing SS too in college. You guys are going to have such a great time!!!! Want us to send you a package? :)

Paula said...

I hope you have a wonderful time! I considered driving my family to the Prefontaine Classic as well. I would LOVE to be there! I hope you'll post about it. ;o)

Have a blast at Wildhorse Canyon. I've never been but heard great things!!!